Monday 6 October 2014

Flipping Bloom's Taxonomy to focus on teacher development

I love Bloom's Taxonomy. In my second year teaching I was asked by our Head of Learning Resource Centre (LRC) to do a presentation at a Diocesan Schools Day to show how I use it in my mathematics lessons as a starting quiz framework. Teachers find frameworks are incredibly useful tools for reflecting as they provide us with visual prompts and scaffolding rather than letting us feel our way through our thoughts, sometimes without the direction that effective reflection requires. It objectifies this process for ourselves and takes a portion of the subjectivity that is inherent in self-evaluation.

After using technology models such as TPACK and SAMR to focus on evaluating teacher integration of technology, whether self or peer, I think that there is a void in general visual pedagogy reflection models for staff to use..... or is there. I call it Bloom's Taxonomy for Pedagogy Reflection (TPR). This is a great model to use to start and continue dialogue within PLC's and learning groups during school based PD.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Craig's Twitter